Jesse G. Shallcross
Mr. Shallcross represents national and local businesses and entrepreneurs in complex real estate transactions, including the acquisition, development, financing, construction, leasing, and disposition of a broad array of commercial and residential projects. He has advised and transacted deals on behalf of owners, developers, investors, financial institutions, and corporate clients, including multiple Fortune 500 companies. He has significant experience with hospitality, industrial, office, retail, and multifamily asset types of all classes. Additionally, he has represented sponsors and investors in the formation and operation of sophisticated joint ventures.
Prior to joining PCR as a partner, Mr. Shallcross worked as a real estate associate with K&L Gates LLP and Husch Blackwell LLP, two law firms whose real estate practice groups consistently achieved National First-Tier recognition by the annual U.S. News-Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” survey. He holds licenses to practice law in Texas and Illinois.
In addition to his law practice, Mr. Shallcross is himself an entrepreneur and real estate investor, bringing to the table a “big law” sophistication combined with a common sense real estate business acumen. He truly understands the needs and wants of his clients from every angle of the transaction.
REPRESENTATIVE CLIENTS AND TRANSACTIONS
- Represented a Dallas-based hotel developer in the acquisition, development, financing, disposition, and franchise negotiations with respect to full service and select service hotels throughout the United States totaling over $300 Million in transactions.
- Represented the real estate investment subsidiary of one of the largest privately-held companies in the world in joint venture formation, investment, and acquisition of multiple self-storage facility projects in Texas and Louisiana.
- Represented multiple Dallas-based multifamily project developers in the acquisition, development, and disposition of projects in Texas and Colorado totaling over $200 Million in transactions.
- Represented a national movie theater company in the due diligence and acquisition of properties in Texas and Colorado for business operations.
- Represented a rapidly growing national self-storage facility chain in the acquisition and construction financing of properties in the Midwest and East Coast.
- Represented a Fortune 1000 national retail chain in the development and construction of retail stores throughout the U.S. and Canada.
- Represented a real estate investment management firm in the acquisition of a $331 million office tower in downtown Chicago.
- Represented a real estate investment management firm in the acquisition of a $260 million office complex in downtown Atlanta.
- Represented Chicago-based local banks in the construction financing of independent living, assisted living and skilled nursing facility developments.
- Represented a Fortune 500 automotive parts company in the real estate due diligence review of more than 120 leased and owned properties in the proposed acquisition of a global distributor/manufacturer.
Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D.
University of Notre Dame, B.A.
AWARDS & AFFILIATIONS
- The Real Estate Council
- North Texas Chapter of the Urban Land Institute
- ULI Hotel Development Council
- ULI Partnership Forum (2018)
- JourneyMen, Leadership Board
- Notre Dame Club of Dallas, First Fridays Chair
- Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program